Monday, October 4, 2010

Blog #7: Starting 5/New beginnings

With only 26 days until opening night, new head coach, Keith Smart has released the starting five players for the Warriors. Of these people, he chose, Stephen Curry, Monta Ellis, Andris Biedrins, David Lee, and Dorell Wright. To me, starting five is a very important component when you are about to play a game. If you are a coach, your starting five has to consist of 3 types of players. First, you need a player that can handle the ball. This type of player has to be a decision maker, someone that is confident. This player is referred to as the point guard. For the Warriors, Stephen Curry will take on this spot. Next, you will need a shooting guard. This spot will be fulfilled by Monta Ellis. I'm not sure if I have mentioned this before, but Stephen Curry and Monta Ellis are one of the best back courts in the NBA. For a 'sucky' team, we have some great key players! Next we will need a small forward, power forward and one center. These positions will be played by Andris Biedrins, David Lee, and Dorell Wright.
With only 22 more days until opening night, I am getting a little anxious! Some players are beginning to have sore muscles, such as Curry and B. Wright. Although an injury isn't the BEST way to start out a new season, it's just something we need to overcome together. I will admit, it's tough being a consistent Warrior fan because of all the injuries, the losses, and the bad decisions the GM (general manager) makes. But enough of that negative energy! 2010-2011 is a new season, with new players, a new owner, new coach, and last but certainly not least, a new logo. The open patches have seemed to close itself up, and everything is starting to find its place! New friendships on the team are being made, and more fans are being built up. Although it is tough to be a Warrior fan, every single minute of it is worth it. One of the many feelings, is when they have beat a highly ranked team. It's not every weekend the 'sucky' team beats the best they can offer. I'm not saying Warriors can win every game thrown at them, but the temporary feeling it brings to you is just incredible. Words cannot express the adrenaline rush you get, or the joy you feel! When Warriors take the lead and finish off strong, everyone in the stands suddenly becomes your friend. You find yourself throwing high five's left and right! I have been waiting for quite some time for this feeling, so I am glad that the wait is almost over. Don't forget to purchase your single game tickets! It's never to late to buy them, and win or lose, just being there is worth every penny of the ticket.
Website.
Image

1 comment:

  1. Just like you, I'm a huge Golden State Warriors fan. Have been even before they went into the playoffs a couple years back. I think that the Warrior's starting five have the potential to be unstoppable, but it's a shame that some of their starters, like Curry and Lee, keep on getting injured. These injuries are causing set backs for the team. Like how yesterday Stephen Curry wasn't able to play in the Miami Heat game last night because his ankle has a reoccurring sprain and that David Lee's having a hard time getting back into the rhythm of the game after his arm injury. Though they're having a rough time right now, I'm still all for them and I support them. We should watch a game one time! I think out of all the blogs, I enjoy reading yours the most. :)

    ReplyDelete