Sunday, September 12, 2010

Blog #5: Change is good.

As I mentioned earlier, the USA Team took the gold, and this is my favorite player, Stephen Curry giving the world a little taste of what the gold looks like. The game premiered on ESPN earlier this morning at 11:30 so I got to watch the 2nd quarter after I came home from church. Honestly, I am not into watching basketball unless it's the Warriors, but I actually had a reason to watch it today. One reason being it was the final game, and the other reason was simply because of my one and only- Stephen Curry! It might seem like I am a 'dork' for liking him so much and having posts about him, but hey, I'm just a very big fan! Also, if you have a twitter, I would recommend that you follow the one and only, Stephen Curry!

On Monday September 16, the Warriors signed Louis Amundson, who previously played with the Phoenix Suns. He plays as a forward, so having him will help out because a lot of players that were traded were forwards, and trying to rebuild them is not easy! He signed a 2 year contract of $4.7 million, but the second year is his choice. Since our draft pick, Ekpe Udoh hurt his wrist during training camp, we probably won't get to play him until the end of December, or even worse, the end of January. Starting out with injuries isn't the greatest thing to happen to a rookie, but at least Warriors are making a move in getting him a backup!


In a previous post, I talked about Monta and Stephen, and how their relationship started out rocky, and very questionable to all the fans. On Friday, September 17, an interview of Monta came out on a fan website. It talked about how he is excited for this upcoming season, and how things have changed. He speaks about his relationship with Stephen, and how he made a mistake on commenting about him. He talks about how their relationship is becoming better, and how Stephen was even present in his July wedding! It's great to see that they are interacting outside of the court, and how Monta is being more open. In the article, he talked about how being a new father has greatly changed his whole perspective on everything. Also his newly wed wife has helped him get through all the problems that he has faced. She helped him realize that him and Stephen can work together, and she kept encouraging him that they will do good. He also talks about how she keeps him in check. Monta and his wife, Juanika have been together for 4 years, and they finally tied the knot together this past July, so keeping him in check wasn't anything new. As the rumors about Monta's comment surfaced, she told him that, it was wrong. Monta has sure done a lot of growing up and maturing. He first came to the team as the "baby", but as of today, he is the leader, the one who all the rookies on the team look up to for guidance. He says, "A month before the season was over with, I really had to sit back and blame myself in a sense because I'm that leader; I'm that one who everybody feeds off of."
Monta interview
Image
Image
Twitter

1 comment:

  1. I like how you are very passionate about the Warriors, especially Stephen Curry, and it definitely shows in your writing. I think it is very good that Montas wife keeps him in check. I'm sure it is very hard to balance a life with so much fame, stress and pressure, so it's good that he has a loved one that can keep his life balanced and keep him away from trouble.

    ReplyDelete